Small apartments have become the norm today. With an increased demand for housing and very little space, rentals have gone up through the roof. This has forced us to opt for smaller houses that need to be tastefully furnished to look good and maximize the storage and living space.
If you are looking for tips to furnish your small house, here are a few for you:
- Coffee tables come with pull-out seats. This can save a lot of space as you don’t need chairs and extra seats when guests arrive.
- Many tables come with built-in storage space. This enables you not only to store things, but when an unexpected guest arrives, you can stash away your things and make your house look neat instantly! All you need to do is pull out the table to reveal the alcove inside.
- Invest in accents with storage space that can be erected as temporary walls. This is a great option to break up big living spaces and make them into “rooms.”
- Use can use part of your kitchen cabinets to store other things as well.
A bed takes a lot of floor space, and the wrong bed can make your entire room look not only small but overly cramped too. Fold up bed is a great option when space is limited. Here are a few tips for choosing the right bed for your small house:
- Bunk beds allow you to accommodate two people in the floor space for one. Not only are these beds small in size but they can be put away against a wall too, leaving the rest of the room free.
- Cabinet beds are those that have a pull-out bed enclosed within a cabinet. You can use these for side tables or workstations and pull out your bed when needed.
- If you have just one big room and want to separate it into a living room and a bedroom, opt for a bed with shelves in its frame. These are tall and look like temporary walls with shelves on one side and have a bed attached on the other side.
- Simple folding beds that can be folded and put away during the day are cost-effective options if you already have enough storage space around you.
- Sofa cum bed can help you transform your living room into your bedroom in one swift motion. This is a great option for an extra bed to accommodate guests too.
- Wall beds allow you to pull out the bed from the wall-mounted unit whenever needed. Some come with built-in beds, and some come with just the frame and allows you to use small or thin beds like the Japanese futon.
- If you have space for a big bed in your room, you can invest in beds that have an extra pull-out bed. This enables you to accommodate more people in one room.
Multi-purpose furniture has become the most sought-after type of furnishing today. They not only enable you to maximize your space but are easy to transport and thus make shifting easier too.